A massive language barrier, zero resources available and a non-existent curriculum... welcome to teaching in Thailand! These days I have taken to drawing about 80% of my lesson up on the board as well as on plain white copy paper. I am not willing to spend my hard earned baht on proper flash cards, plus it is much more entertaining to make my own props. Not to mention that the looks on my kid's faces are pretty much priceless as they double over in laughter at my goofy looking pictures! Hey... just because we won't all be the next Picasso, doesn't mean that we should not express our creative side!
The following pictures are one of a kind originals created by my 5th and 6th graders over the past several months. I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do!
This was from the first week of school! General introductions and a get to know ya lesson!
Apparently I am Asian now :) I love it!
My Favorite Animal..
Buster!
My Favorite Food...
Shocker...Fried Noodles!
Yikes...
Yummy...Pancakes!
How to Write a Post Card Lesson...
Colors, Counting & Body Parts Lesson with Drawing a Monster...
5 Green Eyes, 6 Pink Hands...
6 Red Eyes, 10 Yellow Noses...
This was the review from our "Let's go on a vacation!" lesson. We learned about the different places that we travel to on family vacations and more importantly what the heck to pack!
Not Exactly Sure....
Happy Mother's Day in Thailand...
Are these kids talented or what?!
Thank goodness for paper, coloring pencils and some brilliant little minds!!