March 08, 2009

Day 9 Bug-A-Lo Hell...



I have decided to rename our Tallows Beach Bungalows to Tallows Beach Bug-A-Lo Hell!! I probably got about 3 hours of sleep last night due to the blood sucking bugs that are taking over my living space! I am not sure which is the most evil biting bug here; the bed bugs, the sand flees or the mozzies, which is what the Australian's call their version of the mutated mosquito that swarms around preying on everyone's blood?! I am covered from my toes to the tip of my head in bites of all sorts that itch something fierce and trust me when I say this is not conducive for a soothing yoga practice!

This morning I had the fun task of trying to sit cross legged on the hardwood floor for one hour while trying not to move. I am told to stay focused on the moment as well as stay in tune with my breathing. This is what I like to call "attempted" meditation. Well, when your body is screaming at your mind, to please for the love of everything sacred itch me, it makes for a very challenging meditation practice!

Just in case you did not already know this...there are more poisonous things in Australia to kill you then anywhere else in the world!