March 17, 2009

To Observe Without Judgement





Today we met Consta for a totally different philosophical theory on life...not just yoga and he was amazing!

" To observe without judgement is the highest form of intelligence" Krishnamurti

This quote pretty much sums up what we discussed today with Consta. The theory of not attaching yourself to the potential outcome because once you start to hope for a particular outcome you open yourself up for disappointment and maybe even personal suffering. Allow yourself to be happy or content with whatever the outcome is because getting upset over it will not change anything. The only thing that will happen is that you will waste your time and energy over something that you have no control over. The only thing you have control over is yourself and your reaction to the outcome. You can't change the world, but you can change your view.

We debated Dualism vs. Non-Dualism, which can be rather mind blowing if you really go deep into it. Most of us go through life in a dualistic manor, but it seems to be much more peaceful if you can adopt the non-dualistic way. Yoga is a great tool to help you begin this transition from 2 to 1 by helping you join your mind and your body, but you have to be willing to let go of judgement over yourself and others. Not a very easy task, but definitely one worth attempting!



Basically Dualism is the conflict between our Ahamkara (Ego) and our Buddhi (Wisdom), which is our struggle between our day to day life/drama that must be accepted and the inner peace that we all desire. Our Ahamkara: my car, my house, my life, which receives its input from our Manas or Mind. This is the essence of life that most of us are constantly fighting with. I want this and I want that, but if I get this and I get that then I want something else the next day and it goes on and on. The feeling of never being completely satisfied, but knowing that we should be grateful and happy with what we have. I don't know about you, but I have this argument with myself pretty much on a daily basis and it frustrates the hell out of me! This is our Buddhi and for most of us it generally fights with our Ego on just about everything. I want to be better at this yoga pose instead of I am happy with where my body is taking me on this pose today! I want ice cream (Ahamkara), but I am full and should probably skip the ice cream today (Buddhi)!! Aaahhh!!



Non-Dualism is where we learn to make our Ego and our Buddhi play nice together and become one! It is unconditional acceptance of everything that happens. Some might refer to this as true love. Accepting the the good and the bad in everything without question and without judgement. Your Ego does not step up every time something goes wrong and interject with some form of negative feedback or boundary. Instead it just sits back and enjoys the ride regardless of where the ride goes. It is neither good or bad... it just is what it is.

Ask yourself, do you want to be right or do you want to be in love? We are all guilty of having to be right just for the sake of being right with those that we love. This is simply our Ego getting in the way. In my opinion...not worth it. I have decided that I would rather love unconditionally then have to be right. Being right all the time will only make you lonely because nobody is always right! This is just my take on it anyway, so feel free to ponder on your own!



Deep thoughts by Georgeanna Wingate...